Canadian river soil and water conservation district meeting — 7 p.m. in the conference room of the Natural Resources Conservation Service, 706 S. First St.
Tucumcari school board meeting — 6 p.m. in the administration office conference room.
City Planning Commission meeting — 5:15 p.m. at Tucumcari City Hall.
Tax Help New Mexico for low-income residents — 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Mesalands Community College, Room A 111. Information: 461-4413.
“Tom Sawyer : The Musical” — 1:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Tucumcari High School Auditorium, 1100 S. 7th St. Information: 461-9679
Quay County Republican Party meeting — 5:30 p.m. at the Pow Wow. The meeting will end in time to attend “Tom Sawyer” at 7 p.m.
La Casa de La Hope fund-raising dinner —11:45 a.m. at Immanuel Baptist Church.
Bible study — 2 p.m. at La Casa de La Hope.
Presentation on drugs and alcohol — for parents by Tucumcari police from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the administration office conference room.
Housing authority meeting — 5 p.m. at Tucumcari City Hall.
City Commission meeting — 6 p.m. at Tucumcari City Hall.
Workers Compensation Workshop — 6-8 p.m., Ingram Rm. of Clovis-Carver Public Library in Clovis. Information: (800)876-6227 or 797-6048
New Mexico Arts Commission meeting — 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., New Mexico State Library and Archives Bldg., Yucca Room, second floor, West Capitol Complex, 1209 Camino Carlos Rey in Santa Fe. Open to the public. Information: 827-6490
Northeast Regional Planning Organization, joint policy and technical committee meeting —10 a.m. at the Harding County Courthouse in Mosquero. The meeting includes Quay County residents.
Shooting Sports meeting — 5:30 p.m. at the extension office in Tucumcari.
County Commissioners meeting — 9 a.m. at the Quay County Courthouse.
Tom Sawyer musical — 7 p.m. Tucumcari High School Auditorium.
• 4-H workshop — 9 a.m. to noon, at the extension office in Tucumcari.
• Bluegrass music program — 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Quay County Fair barn, 1000 Camino del Coronado. Information: 461-2423.
• March 1 — Chamber board meeting, 5:45 p.m. in the Chamber office. Information: 462-1694
• March 4 — Freedom from smoking training workshop for facilitators from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in room 121 at Mesalands Community College. Information: 461-4922
• March 13 — “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,” 7 p.m. at the Tucumcari High School Auditorium, 1100 S. 7th St. Information : 461-9679
• April 4-9 — The third Tucumcari Art Festival, at the Tucumcari Convention Center, 1500 W. Rt. 66. Information: 461-4413.
• April 5 — Public hearing, Region IV Housing Authority, at 5:30 p.m. at Tucumcari City Hall. The annual plan for the upcoming fiscal year will be discussed.
Tuesdays — Tax Help New Mexico for low-income residents, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Mesalands Community College, Room A 111. Information: 461-4413.
Wednesdays — Bible study, 2 p.m. at La Casa de La Hope.
To list and item in the calendar, contact Managing Editor Tova Fruchtman at 461-1952 or by e-mail at: