The following is a sample of calls received by Tucumcari Police during the past several days.
According to the reports:
• About 9 a.m. police conducted a search in the 400 block of North College Street. A woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• About 8 p.m. a man requested officers to Lowe’s Grocery Store parking lot in reference to an unresponsive male. Officers arrived and advised the male subject was just taking a nap.
• About 4 p.m. a man came into the police station and said his vehicle had been hit while stopped at a stop sign. Another man was later cited for leaving the scene of an accident.
• About 5 a.m. a man reported a male subject in a wheelchair was allegedly “yelling and waking up the neighborhood.” An officer later advised the subject to be quiet.
• About 7:30 p.m. a man called and said he was “kicked off the bus” and needed help. The man was given a voucher for one night at the Payless Inn.
• About 6 p.m. a man called from K-Mart and reported a truck driver had allegedly “busted the pay phone at K-mart.” A man was subsequently arrested for destruction, tampering and defacing of property.
• About 11:30 a.m. a man in the 500 block of South Dawson Street reported vandalism to his residence. An officer advised he talked to the parents of a juvenile who had broken the window on the side door, and the parents agreed to pay for damages.