Bobs’ Budget Pharmacy Open House and Robot Dedication — from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the pharmacy, 511 S. Second St. The Robot Dedication will be at 1 p.m. Information: 461-1200
Advanced Health Care Directives (Living Will) Seminars — two sessions at 4 p.m. in the dining room of the Pioneer Senior Citizens Center, 523 S. Third St., and 5:15 p.m. in room A215 at Mesalands Community College, 911 S. 10th St. The event is free and open to the public.
Chamber Board of Directors Meeting — 5:45 at the Chamber office, 404 W. Rt. 66. Information: 461-1694
The Maternal, Child and Community Health Council and the DWI office will hold a joint meeting — 11 a.m. in the back area at Bambino’s. District Attorney Ron Reeves will be the guest speaker. For more information call the office at 461-6096.
Red Hat Society meeting — noon at K-Bobs. Information: Dorothy Kvols 462-0156
The House Community Pantry will distribute the remaining commodities for April during the day.
Cinco De Mayo Celebration — 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Mesalands Community College, 911 S. 10th St. Information: 461-4413.
Quay County Cotton Boll Weevil Control District —7 p.m. at the Quay County Extension Office in the Quay County Court house.
• May 7 — “The Bread Lady,” Mary Jane Edakke and family, will be holding a demonstration and sale at Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St. Bread, Indian tacos, fry bread and pastries will be available from 11 a.m to 4 p.m. Information: 461-4201
• May 10 — Celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Dr. Dan C. Trigg Memorial Hospital from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the hospital. The keynote speaker will be Jim Hinton Presbyterian Health Services president and C.E.O.
• May 10 — Arch Hurly Conservancy District Board of Directors meeting at 9 a.m. in the Territorial Building at the Convention Center. At 11 a.m. attorney, Chuck DuMars will address adjudication issues. A copy of the agenda will be available at the district office, 101 E. High St. in Tucumcari.
• May 12 — Tucumcari High School scholarship awards ceremony at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Information 461-3769 or e-mail THS_CC@hotmail.com
• May 13 — Free camping on May 13 at Kampgrounds of America.
• May 17 — Chamber luncheon at the Pow Wow Restaurant.
• May 20 — PTSD open to all veterans, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the third Thursday of every month at the VFW Post on Main Street in Tucumcari.
• May 20 — Deadline to enter the Chamber Digital Photo Contest. Information: 461-0457
To list items in the community calendar contact Tova Fruchtman at 461-1952 or e-mail email@example.com. The deadline is 10 a.m. the day before the paper comes out.