The House Community Pantry — will distribute the remaining commodities for April during the day. The pantry will be open every week beginning today.
City Commission Budget Work session — 3:30 p.m. at City Hall
Cinco De Mayo Celebration — 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Mesalands Community College, 911 S. 10th St. Information: 461-4413.
Quay County Cotton Boll Weevil Control District —7 p.m. at the Quay County Extension Office in the Quay County Court house.
Tucumcari Schools Academic Student Awards — 6:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn.
“The Bread Lady,” — Mary Jane Edakke and family, will be holding a demonstration and sale at Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St. Bread, Indian tacos, fry bread and pastries will be available from 11 a.m to 4 p.m. Information: 461-4201
Junior Golf Clinics — from 9:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. for children ages 7 to 17. Clinics will cost $6 a person and will be throughout the summer.
Girl Scout paper drive — 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mesalands Community College. Information: 461-4421.
Quay County Commission Meeting — 9 a.m. at the Quay County Courthouse.
San Jon board of education meeting — 6 p.m. in the ITV Room in San Jon.
Celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Dr. Dan C. Trigg Memorial Hospital — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the hospital. The keynote speaker will be Jim Hinton Presbyterian Health Services president and C.E.O.
Arch Hurly Conservancy District Board of Directors meeting — 9 a.m. in the Territorial Building at the Convention Center. At 11 a.m. attorney, Chuck DuMars will address adjudication issues. A copy of the agenda will be available at the district office, 101 E. High St. in Tucumcari.
• May 12 — Tucumcari High School scholarship awards ceremony at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Information 461-3769 or e-mail THS_CC@hotmail.com
• May 12 — City Commission meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall
• May 13 — Free camping on May 13 at Kampgrounds of America.
• May 16 — Public Information Meeting for the First Street Project at 6:30 at the Tucumcari Convention Center.
• May 17 — Chamber luncheon at the Pow Wow Restaurant.
• May 18 — Eastern New Mexico Rural Water Authority at 10 a.m. at the Logan Civic Center.
• May 19 — Tucumcari Future Farmers of American Banquet at 7 p.m. at the Tucumcari Convention Center.
• May 20 — PTSD open to all veterans, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the third Thursday of every month at the VFW Post on Main Street in Tucumcari.
• May 20 — Deadline to enter the Chamber Digital Photo Contest. Information: 461-0457
• May 23 — Tucumcari School Board Meeting at 6 p.m. at the Administration building.
• May 26 — City of Tucumcari Housing Authority authority at 5 p.m. at City Hall.
• May 26 — City of Tucumcari City Commission meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
To list items in the community calendar call 461-1952. The deadline is 10 a.m. the day before the paper comes out.