The following is a sampling of calls received recently by Tucumcari police.
According to the reports:
• At 12:17 a.m., loud music and fireworks were reported on South Second Street. Officers informed individuals to keep the music down and put the fireworks out.
• At 1:24 p.m., a breaking and entering was reported on East McGee.
• At 4:19 p.m. a shoplifter was reported at a retail store. The individual was searched by police; nothing was found.
• At 9:56 p.m. a northbound vehicle on Jackson hit the brakes and went into a construction hole. No injuries were reported. The car was removed.
• At 7:33 a.m., a delayed call came in reporting damage to a vehicle hit by a street sign during the previous night’s storm. No visible damage was apparent on the vehicle.
• At 4:24 p.m., police were called to South Second Street with a report of kids throwing fireworks and starting a small grass fire. The fire went out without fire department intervention.
• At 5:27 p.m., a female advised officers that someone found a bag of marijuana outside a store and brought it in. It was logged into evidence.
• At 6:31 p.m., a female called officers to South Eighth Street complaining of fireworks.
• At 4:14 a.m., a female called police to her home on South Second Street, saying her husband threatened to kill her. She refused the officer’s offer to rent a motel room for one of them. She did not wish to file charges.