8/13 Police Blotter

The following is a sampling of calls received recently by Tucumcari police.
According to the reports:

• At 2:17 a.m., a female reported a breaking and entering in progress. Police arrived at the Laurel Hills location to find a man peeking in the windows and getting water out of an outside faucet. The subject was told not to return; the caller did not want to press charges.
• At 8:33 a.m., a male came to the station and said he had been receiving death threats over the phone. Police arrested the male subject making the calls on the charge of the use of a telephone to threaten, intimidate, harass, annoy, offend or terrify.
• At 1:20 p.m., a female reported harassment on South Rock Island. She told police a man was harassing her because she refused to rehire him to cut her lawn and requested a special watch.
• At 3:35 p.m., a female reported stolen property on South Monroe. She called back later to say the property had been recovered — her dog had it.
• At 8:01 p.m. a female reported domestic violence on South Eighth Street. Police arrived at the scene and arrested a male on an array of charges including aggravated battery on a household member; stalking; larceny; criminal trespassing; evading an officer; taking contraband into a detention facility; and possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine.
• At 12:46 a.m., a suspicious vehicle stopped by police led to three arrests on Robinson and First. Three females were charged in connection with minors and alcohol.
• At 2:20 p.m., a report was filed of property damage to a retail store. An incident report was logged; owner did not want to pursue charges.
• At 5:10 p.m., a female reported her father was being stalked by a female near South First Street. Although she said her father told the woman to leave him alone, the daughter was fearful as she lives in Oregon while he’s in Tucumcari.
• At 8:18 p.m., officers saw a car stopped on Choctaw, which led to the male driver’s arrest for aggravated DWI, suspended license, no insurance and incorrect plate.

• At 1:27 a.m., an unknown female called three times reporting a possible suicide at different locations. Police were unable to find subject or proof.
• At 2:15 a.m., a convenience store clerked reported a suspicious vehicle in the store’s parking lot. Police arrived and ran registration check; everything checked out OK.

Compiled by QCS Managing Editor Ryn Gargulinski