The following is a sampling of calls received by Tucumcari police during the past several days.
According to the reports:
• At 8 a.m., a retail store clerk reported vandalism to the shop. Police arrived to find a small hole and broken window, apparently done by a BB gun.
• At 11:08 a.m., a burglary was reported at an appliance store; no arrests were made.
• At 11:53 a.m., an alarm was reported going off at Tucumcari Elementary School. Police were told there had been a problem with the fire alarm.
• At 2:26 p.m., a security company alerted police an alarm had gone off on South Tiffany. Police found the alarm set off by children; everything checked out OK.
• At 7:12 p.m., a female reported a gas skip for $30.17 at a local station. Police were unable to locate the vehicle in question although they spotted one similar during their pursuit.
• At 2:50 a.m., a purse was found at a diner. The purse was placed in safe keeping.
• At 10:17 a.m., a female reported a gas skip at a local station for $26.99. Subject was last seen heading south on First Street. No arrests were made.
• At 12:34 p.m., a female called to report missing checks on South Eighth Street. An official report was filed; no arrests were made.
• At 12:37 p.m., a gas skip of $25 was reported at a local station. Subject was last seen heading west on Tucumcari Boulevard. No one was apprehended.
• At 1:16 p.m., a male called to report three kids riding on the road on a three-wheeler. Police were unable to locate the subjects.
• At 6:01 p.m., vandalism was reported at a hair salon. Police found a window shot out with what was apparently a BB gun.
• At 9:04 p.m., an unknown woman called to report children playing in the street, calling it unsafe. Police found individuals in their late teens with adults in the street, reported everything OK.
• At 9:28 p.m., a possible report of domestic violence came in from Roy Lane. Police arrived to find the subject who was causing the problem was leaving.
• At 9:47 p.m., a female called to report being harassed at a gas station by another female. Police on the scene found the woman doing the harassing had already left. Subject who said she was harassed said she would come to the station the next morning to file charges.
• At 10:15 p.m., police found a vehicle stopped on a westbound ramp of Interstate 40. The vehicle was towed because the occupants were unlicensed. Occupants were taken to a motel.
• At 8:33 a.m., vandalism was reported at an office building where a window was shot out. Police arrived to find a sling shot with ball bearing outside the property.
— Compiled by QCS Managing Editor