The following is a sampling of calls received by Tucumcari police during the past several days.
According to the reports:
• At 12:50 a.m., a possible domestic violence situation was called in from a caller who the report said sounded like a child. Police arrived at the West Laguna location and found a verbal dispute, asked subjects to keep it down.
• At 5:14 p.m., an attempted breaking and entering was reported by a manager of a housing unit. Police arrived to find an unknown person had gotten into one dwelling and tried to get into others. A report was filed.
• At 6:28 p.m., a female called to request police presence for a civil standby on South Fourth for the return of a bracelet. The location was moved to the police department where the property was returned without incident.
• At 7:40 p.m., an unknown male called to report a domestic violence situation on South Fourth. Police arrived and a report was filed.
• At 1:44 a.m., a female called asking police to check the welfare of her granddaughter at a gas station. Police found the subject and all was OK. They told her to phone home.
• At 1:09 p.m., an unknown female called to report a problem with a subject at a motel. Police on the scene found the male subject had threatened his home-care worker.
• At 2:10 a.m., a male called to report a suspicious subject at a retail store. Police on the scene found no such subject.
• At 2:26 p.m., a female called to report a suspicious subject at a city building. Caller said the male subject was acting unusual and wielding a pair of scissors. Police arrived and searched the subject but only found the scissors. Officers took away his scissors; all was reported OK.
• At 7:19 p.m., a female called to report a fight on East High. Police on the scene were advised a fight had happened earlier that day at 12:45 p.m. between the caller and another subject. An incident report was filed.
• At 10:27 p.m., an unknown male reported suspicious subjects at the old ice plant near the railroad. Police on the scene found none.
• At 12:30 a.m., the railroad police called to report a suspicious subject on the north side overpass; city police found no subject.
• At 12:48 a.m., a female reported a possible prowler on South Adams. Police arrived but found no subject at location.
— Compiled by QCS Managing Editor Ryn Gargulinski