The following is a sampling of calls received by Tucumcari police during the past several days.
According to the reports:
• At 9 a.m., a female reported a larceny on West Center. Police arrived and were advised a 25-ton hoist had been stolen sometime between June and Tuesday morning.
• At 6:57 p.m., police stopped a vehicle on Mountain Road. The male driver was arrested for DWI, speeding, having an open container, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• At 7:51 p.m., an alarm company alerted police the alarm was sounding at a neighborhood office. Police on the scene found the front window had been shot out.
• At 8:43 p.m., a runaway was reported on Interstate 40. Police arrived to arrest the 16-year-old female as well as the 18-year-old male who was driving the car she was in. The male was arrested for speeding, having a restricted license and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• At 9:31 p.m., a problem with a juvenile on South Seventh was reported. Police arrived to find the juvenile was receiving counseling, told the mother to call the counselor.
• At 9:42 p.m., a male reported a breaking and entering on South Second. A report was filed.
• At 10:21 p.m., a female called to report vandalism to a vehicle on East Aber. Police arrived to find the back windshield had been smashed.
• At 11:18 p.m., a vehicle stopped by the police on Interstate 40 was found to contain eight illegal immigrants. The subjects were taken to the detention center to await pick up from border patrol.
• At 8:32 a.m., a male reported a breaking and entering of a vehicle on South Third. Police on the scene found the stereo stolen.
• At 8:38 a.m., a female came to the police department to report battery and an unwanted subject on East Laughlin. Police took a statement from the female regarding the battered man and removed the unwanted subject.
• At 1:35 p.m., a male reported a possible fight at a school. Police on the scene found school officials had handled the situation.
• At 4:07 p.m., a female called to report property damage to a city agency. Police arrived to find the front window had been shot at.
• At 4:23 p.m., a female reported a possible fight at a school. Police on the scene found no such ruckus.
• At 4:40 p.m., a female called to report a patient walked off from the hospital’s emergency room. A male was found outside a restaurant in a hospital gown; police returned him to the hospital.
• At 4:58 p.m., a female reported an accident in a city agency parking lot. Police arrived; drivers exchanged information.
• At 6:44 p.m., a male reported damage to property on South Rock Island. A report was filed.
• At 8:44 p.m., a call came in to report narcotics in an apartment complex. Police arrived to arrest a male for possession of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and his second offense with marijuana.
• At 8:44 p.m., a female called to report narcotics in a parking lot. Police on the scene arrested a male for possession of a controlled substance.
• At 11:10 p.m., a female reported a suspicious vehicle circling the block on East High. Police arrived and told the vehicle’s driver to go on home.
• At 11:49 p.m., a female called to report a vehicle traveling westbound in the eastbound lane on Interstate 40. Police did not locate subject.
• At 2:04 a.m., an unknown female reported possible narcotics at a neighborhood park. Police arrived and found none.
— Compiled by QCS Managing Editor Ryn Gargulinski