The following is a sampling of calls received by Tucumcari police during the past several days.
According to the reports:
• At 12:26 p.m., a male reported vandalism at a local car wash. Police arrived to find a hose was slashed and a sprayer wand taken.
• At 1:48 p.m., a female called to report shoplifting at a convenience store. Police on the scene found subject had already left.
• At 2:27 p.m., a male reported vandalism to a vehicle on Adams and High.
• At 8:26 p.m., a call came in reporting possible domestic violence on West Douglas. Police arrived to find one subject had left, the other came to the station to make a statement and file a report.
• At 8:55 p.m. a female called to report an unwanted subject on East Center. A male was arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting an officer and possession of a switchblade.
• At 10:07 p.m., an unknown male reported loud music on West Laughlin. Police arrived and told subject to turn down the music.
• At 2:04 a.m., a vehicle stopped on South Third led to the arrest of a male for DWI.
• At 4:05 a.m., an unknown female reported possible shots fired on Heman. Police on the scene found no evidence of such.
• At 10:27 a.m., a female reported vandalism to a vehicle near an apartment building. A report was filed.
• At 3:42 p.m., a female called regarding shots fired in the hospital parking lot. A report was filed.
• At 5:05 p.m., a car stopped on Route 66 led to one arrest for driving on a suspended license and failure of a vehicle to be in a safe condition.
• At 6:46 p.m., three subjects were arrested on Sixth Street, each on the premise of possession of cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• At 7:54 p.m., an unknown female reported possible narcotics on Gamble, saying she smelled someone smoking marijuana. Police on the scene found neighbors burning weeds.
• At 8:38 p.m., a male reported a domestic violence situation at a retail store. Police arrived to find one subject needed transport to the emergency room while arresting the other for assault and battery against a household member, intent to commit a violent felony and false imprisonment.
• At 11:02 p.m., a female reported two stolen bicycles from South Adams. A report was filed.
• At 12:22 a.m., a male called to report a vehicle with an open door on Charles. Police said the owner checked the vehicle; nothing was missing.
• At 2:22 a.m., an unknown female reported loud music on South Jackson. Police arrived to tell the subject to turn down the music, and arrested him for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 2:26 a.m., a possible stolen vehicle was reported on South First. Police recovered the vehicle on East Rankin; owner filed a statement.
• At 11:58 a.m., a security company alerted police of a glass break at a city agency. Police arrived on the scene but found no broken glass and all doors locked.
• At 12:44 p.m., a male reported a suspicious vehicle at a retail parking lot. Police on the scene found the subject had pulled over to go to sleep.
• At 1:26 p.m., a female reported a breaking and entering on South Eighth. Police found nothing was taken; all was OK.
• At 2:30 p.m., an unknown female reported a suspicious subject walking down Charles, looking confused. Police arrived to find a male subject and that all was OK.
• At 4:12 p.m., an unknown female called to report a suspicious vehicle on Charles. Police on the scene found a vehicle that appeared abandoned and attempted to locate the registered owner.
• At 5:23 p.m., a female reported a suspicious subject on South Rock Island. Police arrived to find the subject having trouble with his car, told him to move on to a public place.
• At 6:14 p.m., a hit and run was reported on Interstate 40. Police on the scene found a female had been hit by a semi that had kept going and turned the case over to the Department of Transportation.
• At 6:19 p.m., an unknown male reported a vehicle on fire at an auto place. Police paged fire units to attend to the scene.
• At 6:23 p.m., an unknown female called to report juveniles throwing rocks. Police on the scene found juveniles throwing rocks at another juvenile with whom they had a disagreement. No charges were filed.
• At 11:59 p.m., a suspicious subject was reported at an address on South Third. Police found no such address exists.
— Compiled by QCS Managing Editor Ryn Gargulinski