The following is a sample of calls received by Tucumcari police during the last few days. According to the reports:
• At 9:20 a.m., a female called in a welfare check at Crestview Drive. The woman called from Hobbs and said a friend told her a person was at her home. Officers found the man, who said he had permission from the husband.
• At 2:55 p.m., a female reported trespassing at South Ninth. Juveniles were reported to be playing on construction equipment. Officers told them to stay away from the area.
• At 4:54 p.m., a female reported juveniles in the road at Monroe. Juveniles were reported to be waiting for cars, then jumping in front of them. Officers spoke with the juveniles.
• At 5:15 p.m., a male reported a juvenile driving at South Sixth. The mother was alerted and she said she would handle the matter.
• At 5:28 p.m., a female called in a possible DWI at a restaurant. The incident resulted in the arrest of a 22-year-old man.
• At 7:09 p.m., a male reported a custody dispute at a restaurant. An officer arrived and a statement was filed.
• At 7:24 p.m., a female called in an accident at East High. A woman had backed into her son’s car. The drivers exchanged information cards.
• At 9:17 p.m., a female called in threats at South Ninth. A nephew was making threatening statements. He was sent home to his mother.
• At 10:22 a.m., a male called in vandalism at South Monroe. A mailbox was damaged, and there were scratches on the trunk of a car.
• At 11:31 a.m., an officer called in larceny at East Barnes. Tools were missing from a vehicle.
• At 1:30 p.m., a female called in found property at a convenience store. A wallet was found and returned to its owner.
• At 1:35 p.m., a female called in a suspicious subject at East High. A man had gotten out of jail and was waiting for a ride.
• At 5:16 p.m., a female called in a subject down at Sixth Street. A person was reported down in the street, being attacked. Nothing was found.
• At 7:19 p.m., an On-Star distress signal was received at Fifth Street. Nothing was found.
• At 8:45 p.m., a female called in a problem with a customer at a convenience store. A clerk refused to sell two men alcohol.
• At 9:19 p.m., an officer called in a vehicle stop at Adams. The stop resulted in the arrest of a juvenile for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 10:39 p.m., a female called in suspicious subjects at a hotel. There were two men reported walking around the hotel area. Nothing was found.
• At 11:41 p.m., an officer called in an open door at a football stadium. The building was secured.
• At 1:25 a.m., an officer called in an open window at a school. A representative arrived and the building was secured.
• At 1:25 a.m., a female called in loud music at an apartment complex. The subject was advised to turn the music down.