By Howie Tucker
Pointer of the Week
Five keys to solid wedge play
1. Narrow your stance from your normal iron setup.
2. Play the ball in center of stance.
3. Allow the length of the shot to dictate the length of your swing.
4. Feel like the club face is sliding across the inside of the ball, not
hitting the back of it.
5. Don’t limit your follow-through.
Rule of Week
Ball in Play
A ball is “in play” as soon as the player has made a stroke on the teeing ground. It remains in play until it is holed, except when it is lost, out of bounds or lifted, or another ball has been substituted whether or not the substitution is permitted. A ball so substituted becomes the ball in play.