The following is a sample of calls received by Tucumcari police during the last few days. According to the reports:
• At 10:29 a.m., an officer executed a search warrant on Fourth Street. The warrant resulted in the arrest of a 24-year-old man on charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 3:30 p.m., an officer reported vandalism at a school. A vehicle was keyed across its body.
• At 4:05 p.m., a female reported a hit and run at an auto shop. The person said the car was damaged and she noticed the damage the day before.
• At 5:31 p.m., a female reported a restraining order violation at Sixth Street. The person received a sympathy card from the person in question and wanted the item logged in as evidence.
• At 5:58 p.m., a male reported domestic violence at Second Street. There was a verbal argument. A man said a female had kicked his truck and dented it.
l At 6:41 p.m., a female reported domestic violence at Monroe Street. The subject left before officers arrived.
• At 10:17 a.m., a male reported domestic violence at First Street. The report resulted in the arrest of a 29-year-old man on charges of battery against a household member and false imprisonment.
• At 12:39 p.m., a man requested a welfare check on Turner Avenue. The caller said a dog was being pulled by a vehicle. When the officer arrived, the dog’s owner said the dog was helping drag a vehicle, which had run out of gas.
• At 3:57 p.m., a male reported shoplifting at a store. The report resulted in the arrest of a 42-year-old man on charges of shoplifting.
• At 4:53 p.m., a female requested a welfare check on Heman Street. The person was found by an officer talking on the phone at her home and in no danger.
• At 7:54 p.m., a female reported a battery. Nobody wished to press charges at the time.
• At 7 a.m., a female reported domestic abuse at 10th Street. The report resulted in the arrest of a 55-year-old man on charges of battery.
• At 12:50 p.m., a male reported possible narcotics on Hines Street. The man reported problems with neighbors. An officer told the people to stay away from the caller.