The following is a sample of calls received by the Tucumcari Police Department in the last few days:
• At 12:32 p.m., a female reported a reckless driver at a school. The caller advised there was a driver in a black truck throwing water balloons at kids. Officers spoke with the subject.
• At 12:48 p.m., an unknown female reported an act of vandalism taking place at a school. A window was broken.
• At 2:46 p.m., an unknown female reported an unwanted subject at a grocery store. Subject was told by officers to move on.
• At 2: 52 p.m., a male reported a hit and run at a store. The caller stated that someone hit the front of his car and he wanted to file a report.
• At 5:19 p.m., a female reported a problem with a juvenile on East Turner. Officers spoke with the juvenile and told him to calm down. Juvenile was going to spend night at his grandparents.
• At 1:30 p.m., a female reported a gas skip at a convenience store. The amount of the reported theft was $33.50.
• At 8 p.m., a male reported a dog bite at West Barnes. The victim was bitten on his right hand and taken to the hospital for treatment.
• At 9:53 a.m., officers visited a man who called 911. Upon arrival officers were told “No, never mind.” Officers advised the man to quit playing with the phone.
• At 1:25 p.m., an unknown male reported a vehicle parking on the grass in a park. Officers advised the vehicle was moved.
• At 7:07 p.m., a male reported damage to a vehicle at South Third. The driver side window was shattered by an unknown person. The owner only wanted to file an incident report.
• At 9:24 p.m., a male reported a noise complaint. An officer went to location and told the caller’s neighbor to turn down his music.
• At 11: 57 a.m., a female reported a missing juvenile at Third. Another call came in, and the caller said the juvenile was taken home by a male.
• At 6:22 p.m., a male reported domestic violence at Fifth. The domestic dispute involved a couple. The female left with her children.
• At 8:57 p.m., a female reported a possible drunken driver at a convenience store. Officers advised the subject was picked up by family.
• At 9:21 p.m., a male reported juveniles shooting fireworks at Whitman. Officer advised the subjects to stop.