The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office
for Quay County at the Tucumcari police headquarters, during the last few
days. According to reports:
- At 12:44 p.m., a female reported a drunk driver on South Monroe Street.
Officers located the driver and he was arrested for aggravated DWI.
- At 7:34 p.m., a male reported a dispute on Cheyenne Street. Logan police
officers advised it was a dispute between neighbors. Officers told the
parties to stay away from each other.
- At 12:58 a.m., a female reported that there was a male subject lying in
the road on East Turner Street. Officers and Medic One were dispatched to
scene. The male subject was taken to the emergency room at Trigg Memorial
- At 2:08 p.m., a male reported a domestic dispute on Robinson Street.
Officers advised they were told that a male in a white SUV was yelling at
a lady who was walking on the side of the road. Officers made contact with
both parties, officers advised that all was OK.
- At 2:49 p.m., a female reported a two- to three-year-old child was
walking down Laughlin Street crying and that no parents around. Officers
advised they located the child and that the child was returned to parents.
- At 4:34 p.m., a female reported that an unwanted subject was in her home
on South Seventh Street who would not leave. Officers made contact with
the female subject. Officers advised that the female was arrested on an
outstanding New Mexico District Court warrant.
- 11:37 p.m., a male reported two suspicious subjects walking down High
Street. Officers made contact with the subjects who were walking their
dog. Officers told them to go home.
- At 12:04 p.m., a female reported a shoplifter at a retail store on East
Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers advised that the shoplifter had run away
prior to their arrival. A description of the subject was given to the
officers by the store manager.
- At 4:12 p.m., city police and state police served a Curry County warrant
to a subject on Tiffany Lane. The subject was arrested for escaping from a
correctional facility in Curry County.
- At 6:11 p.m., a male reported a reckless driver in a black truck
speeding down South Jackson Street. Officers advised they located the
vehicle but that it was parked and unoccupied at the time.
- At 6:33 p.m., a female reported a domestic disturbance on South Monroe
Street. Officers advised that an intoxicated female subject was trying to
leave with a child. Officers advised that the female subject left the
residence and that the child was with family members.
- At 8:57 p.m., a female reported a suspicious subject in the alleyway on
South College Street. Officers advised the subject had left the area prior
to their arrival.
- At 11:31 a.m., a male reported vandalism at an area school. Officers
advised that the front window of a door had been broken and that an
investigation is underway.
- At 12:39 p.m., a male reported a possible fight in front of a restaurant
on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers advised they were told that one
juvenile male was on the ground while several other juveniles were
standing over him. Medic one was dispatched, however, the juvenile subject
signed a patient refusal form and was released at the scene.