The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office
for Quay County at the Tucumcari police headquarters, during the last few
days. According to reports:
- At 2:11 p.m., a female requested officers to assist a cable
telecommunications representative at a residence on East Smith. Officers
advised they were told that the resident had stolen cable services. The
male resident was arrested for Illegally obtaining telecom services.
- At 12:26 a.m., a female reported an unwanted subject in front of her
home on South College Street. Officers made contact with a male subject
and told him to move on.
- At 1:59 a.m., a female reported that her neighbor had been threatened by
a male subject with a gun. Officers advised they made contact with the
neighbor and with another male. No weapon was found both parties were told
to stay away from each other.
- At 11:17 a.m., a male reported that a person was passed out behind a
business on South Rock Island Street. Officers advised that the subject
was taken to Trigg Memorial Hospital Emergency Room by Medic one. The
nurse in the emergency room called later and told police that the male
subject became irate. Police returned to the hospital and the subject was
arrested for intoxication and taken to the Quay County Detention Center.
- At 12:24 p.m., officers checked out a male subject in front of a grocery
store on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers ran a check to see if the
subject had any outstanding warrants. At that time the subject struck one
of the officers and fled on foot. Officers caught up with the subject and
took him into custody. The male subject was arrested and charged with
battery on a peace officer, outstanding magistrate and municipal
warrants and taken to the Quay County Detention Center.
- At 2:08 p.m., an officer arrested a male subject at the bus depot on
South First Street. The subject was charged with burglary of a vehicle.
- At 3:52 p.m., an adult probation officer requested a officer to assist
with transport of a subject at a residence on East High Street. Officers
transported one male to Quay County Detention Center for adult probation.
- At 6:31 p.m., New Mexico State Police dispatch reported a possible
domestic disturbance on Canal Road. Officers advised they made contact
with the subjects an found that all was OK.
- At 6:37 p.m., a female reported a possible drunk driver in a white SUV
on South Jackson. Officers advised they made contact with the subject,
found that that they were not drinking and told them to slow down.
- At 7:28 p.m., there was an abandoned 911 call from a residence on Quay
Road AL. Quay County deputies said they made contact with the residence
and all was OK. They told deputies there was a problem with the phone line.
- At 8:38 p.m., a female reported a shoplifter at a video rental store on
West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers advised that one male subject was cited
- At 9:32 p.m., an alarm was reported at a business on South Second
Street. Officers advised they secured the building and contacted the owner
to reset the alarm.
- At 11:42 p.m., a male reported loud music at a house on South Adams.
Officers arrived and requested back up. A minor was found drinking at the
location. The parents of the minor were contacted and the minor was
released to his parents. A female subject at the South Adams was arrested
for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- At 12:10 a.m., a officer reported a reckless driver at a residence on
South Adams. The officer advised he was at the location in reference to a
prior call when a truck pulled up in a erratic manor. The officer made
contact with the driver and the driver was arrested for aggravated DWI.