The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County based at the Tucumcari police headquarters, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 12:52 p.m., a female reported a suspicious male subject making threats at a fuel stop on South First Street. Officers advised they made contact with the male subject and told him to leave the area.
• At 2:10 p.m., a male reported an assault on South Fifth Street. Officers arrived and arrested one male juvenile and transported him to the Curry County Juvenile Detention center for the charge of retaliation of a witness, battery.
• At 8:12 a.m., a female reported a fight on South Fifth Street. Officers advised that one male juvenile was arrested and transported to Curry County Juvenile Detention Center for battery on a household member.
• At 12:59 p.m., a routine traffic stop on East Tucumcari Boulevard led to the arrest of a male subject for a Magistrate Court warrant for failure to pay fines and driving with a suspended license.
• At 1:50 a.m., an officer reported an open door on a vehicle at a business on Maple Street. The officer checked the vehicle and secured the door.
• At 10:15 a.m., a male reported that a dog had bit him on the leg by a motel on West Tucumcari Boulevard. The animal control officer advised that the dog bit the male while he walked past a yard. The owner of the dog was cited.
• At 5:27 p.m., an alarm was reported at a business on South First Street. Officers were told that an employee had accidentally set off the alarm. The employee was waiting for the officers at the scene.
• At 10:22 p.m., a male reported a male juvenile with a gun on South Sixth Street. Officers made contact with the male juvenile. They advised it was a BB gun. The officers took the juvenile to the police department where he was released to his parents.
• At 10:55 p.m., a female reported a possible drunk driver on West Hancock Street. Officers were told that a female in a green car was driving fast and erratically down the street and had tossed an alcoholic container out the vehicle window. Officers located the vehicle and driver and advised her to remain at home for the night.
• At 10:46 a.m., a female reported that a male subject was trespassing at her residence on West Hancock. Officers arrived and arrested a male subject for the charge of criminal trespassing.