Sept. 30, 2006 Police Blotter
The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County based at the Tucumcari police headquarters, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 1:01 p.m., a male reported an unwanted subject at his residence on South Fourth Street. Officers advised that they made contact with a male subject and told him to move on.
• At 4:56 a.m., a male reported a burglary at the local radio station on South Date Street. Officers were told that the back door had been kicked in and several items were missing. An investigation is underway.
• At 5:24 p.m., an officer reported an open door at the elementary school on South Ninth Street. Officers checked the building all was OK and the door was secured.
• At 6:47 p.m., a male subject went into the police department on East Center to inquire about the location of his vehicle that was towed. Officers served a warrant to the male subject for an outstanding Magistrate Court warrant for allowing an unlicensed driver to operate a motor vehicle.
• At 8:06 p.m., an officer reported that a male juvenile was in custody at the football stadium on South Seventh Street. The juvenile was charged with disorderly conduct and evading an officer and must appear in District Court. The juvenile was released to his legal guardian.
• At 9:47 p.m., an officer requested additional units at a residence on East McGee. Officers cited two male subjects for possession of marijuana. Two juveniles were also cited for possession of marijuana and released to their parents.
• At 10:37 p.m., a New Mexico State Police dispatcher reported a gas skip at a gas station on South First Street. Officers located the vehicle; the driver did not have permission to have the vehicle. One male was arrested for two counts of larceny and receiving a stolen vehicle.
• At 5:30 p.m., a female bail bond agent requested an officer on North First Street. Officers were told that a male subject had a warrant out of Magistrate Court for failure to appear. One male was arrested for an outstanding magistrate warrant.
• At 1:41 a.m., a male reported a fight at a lounge on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers advised that it was a verbal argument and the two parties were separated.
• At 6:31 p.m., a male reported a possible burglary in progress at a residence on the corner of Third Street and Gamble. Officers made contact with one male subject and advised that it was the owner.
• At 4:34 a.m., a female reported a suspicious subject on East Main Street. San Jon officers made contact with a male subject. The male subject was arrested for a Magistrate Court warrant for conditions of release and failure to comply.
• At 12:31 p.m., a routine traffic stop on East I-40 led to the arrest of a male subject for possession of a stolen vehicle out of Arizona.
l At 7:30 a.m., a male reported vandalism at the local golf course on Route 66. Officers advised that a vehicle had driven on the fairway and that an investigation is underway.
• At 10:25 a.m., a female reported an unwanted subject at a grocery store on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers arrested a male subject for a Magistrate Court warrant for shoplifting and issued the subject a no trespassing order.
• At 4:25 p.m., a male reported vandalism at a local business on East High Street. Officers were told that a gate was cut and nothing was taken.
• At 1:14 a.m., a male reported a missing person at a motel on East Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that his wife had left at 10 p.m. the previous night and had not returned. Officers located the female subject and she returned to the hotel.
• At 11 a.m., a female reported an unwanted person at an apartment complex on South Seventh Street. Officers issued a no trespassing order to a female subject and told her not to return.
• At 12:20 p.m., a male reported a theft at a building on South Third Street. Officers were told that a washer and dryer had been taken. A report was filed.