The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari police headquarters, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 6:59 a.m., a male reported a suspicious male subject in front of a gas station on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers made contact with the subject and were told that he hadn’t slept in a few days. Officers advised that the subject was taken to a hotel to get sleep before being allowed to drive.
• At 9:48 a.m., an adult probation officer requested assistance at the probation office on East Main. One male subject was arrested for failure to comply with a probation officer.
• At 7:46 p.m., a female reported an unwanted male subject at her residence on East Turner Street. Officers made contact with the male subject and advised him to leave.
• At 8:59 p.m., a female reported a party with possible juveniles drinking on South Adams Street. Officers made contact. Officers found that no juveniles were drinking; one female was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 6:54 a.m., a female reported a burglary at a hotel on East Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that someone had broken into a Jeep and stolen a flashlight, fold-up chair, a remote for the wench and the owner’s manual. An investigation is underway.
• At 9:18 a.m., a male reported a domestic dispute at an apartment complex on Seventh Street. Officers were told that the male subject’s girlfriend had struck him in the face. The female subject was arrested for battery.
• At 5:29 p.m., a female reported a burglary at a hotel on East Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that a washing machine in the guest laundry room was missing. An investigation is under way.
• At 8:37 p.m., a female reported vandalism on South Jackson Street. Officers were told that someone had broken a window out of her vehicle. A report was filed.
• At 4:10 p.m., a female reported an unwanted subject trying to get into her residence on Third Street. One male subject was arrested for battery on a household member.
• At 12:37 a.m., a routine traffic stop on East I-40 led to the arrest of one male subject for a Magistrate Court warrant for failure to appear. The male subject bonded out and was returned to his vehicle.
• At 6:04 a.m., a male reported someone had broken the window of his vehicle at a bank on South First Street. Officers advised the window was shattered. The owner reported nothing missing from the vehicle and a report was filed.
• At 7:06 a.m., an officer reported vandalism at a bank on East Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers advised a window had been broken out of a vehicle in the parking lot and a report was filed.
• At 7:28 a.m., a female reported a burglary at a restaurant on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that the drive-through window had been broken and eight knives were missing from a display case. An investigation is under way.
• At 9:32 a.m., a male reported that someone had broken out a window in his vehicle on South Jackson. Officers were told nothing was taken. A report was filed.
• At 9:41 a.m., a female reported vandalism at a restaurant on West Main Street. Officers advised that someone had shot a window with a pellet gun. An investigation is under way.