The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari police headquarters, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 6:45 a.m., a male reported a theft at his room at a hotel on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that a wallet was taken with several credit cards and $200 in cash. The male called back and reported his wallet had been found and all items were intact.
• At 5:14 p.m., a female reported vandalism at her house on South Sixth Street. Officers advised someone had thrown a beer can at the mail box denting it. A report was filed.
• At 9:18 p.m., a traffic stop at a lounge on West Tucumcari Boulevard led to the arrest of a male subject for driving with a suspended license.
• At 10:59 p.m., an officer requested additional units at a park on Fifth Street. Four juveniles were cited for minor in possession and released to their parents.
• At 11:46 p.m., a female reported loud music at an apartment complex on Seventh Street. Officers made contact with the people at the residence and advised them to turn the music down.
• At 11:47 a.m., an officer reported a vehicle was failing to yield on Seventh Street. The officer followed the vehicle until it wrecked, the driver fled the scene and the officer gave chase on foot. One male subject was located, taken to the Emergency Room for possible overdose by Medic 1. The subject was later released into police custody and arrested for aggravated evading, possession of drug paraphernalia, reckless driving and a Magistrate Court warrant.
• At 1:50 p.m., a female reported a theft at her residence on South Choctaw Street. Officers were told someone had broken into a car. A report was filed.
• At 3:50 p.m., a male reported a family dispute at a residence on Aber Street. Officers advised the fight was a verbal fight only and the problem had been resolved.
• At 2:26 a.m., a male reported loud music at an apartment complex on South Adams Street. A officer made contact with the residence and the music was turned down.
• At 9:44 a.m., a female reported that her car had been broken into on South First Street. Officers were told that stereo equipment was taken out of her car. An investigation is under way.
• At 1:20 p.m., a male reported a suspicious male at a restaurant on East Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that a male subject was walking east bound down the road. A description was given to the State Police as the subject left town.
• At 3:08 p.m., an officer served a warrant at a residence on South Monroe. One male subject was arrested for an outstanding Municipal Court warrant.
• At 7:44 a.m., a male reported a disturbance at a business on East Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers were told that a male subject was cursing and waving a cane at passing vehicles. Officers made contact with the subject in front of a retail business on West Tucumcari Boulevard. The male subject was arrested for disorderly conduct.