The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 12:28 p.m., a female reported a shoplifting incident at a fuel station on South Mountain Road. Officers were given the description of a male subject that left the area on a bicycle prior to their arrival. The male subject was located and arrested. The property was recovered and returned.
• At 4:28 p.m., a male subject reported possible shots fired on South Seventh Street. The officers were told that the shots came from a white vehicle. One vehicle was stopped. Officers advised that the shots did not come from the vehicle but one male subject was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 6:35 p.m., a female reported two suspicious males in front of a motel on South First Street. Officers made contact with the male subject and advised they were waiting on the bus.
• At 6:20 p.m., a female called and requested that a female subject at a residence on South Sixth Street be placed into protective custody. Officers took the female subject into police custody in the Quay County Detention Center for concern for her mental state.
• At 11:26 p.m., a male reported suspicious activity at a motel on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers made contact with a male and female subject. The male was arrested for possession of methamphetamines, drug paraphernalia and evading arrest. The female was arrested for possession of methamphetamines and drug paraphernalia.
• At 2:06 a.m., an officer pulled over a vehicle driving erratically down East Tucumcari Boulevard. One female was arrested for driving while intoxicated and cited for no insurance.
• At 7:39 a.m., a male reported an open door on South First Street. An officer checked the building and re-secured the door.
• At 8:30 a.m., a male subject reported to the Tucumcari Police Department on the request of his probation officer. Police at the station called the probation officer and asked why he was there. The probation officer told police to arrest the male subject because he was in violation of conditions of his release. Officers placed the male subject on a probation hold.
• At 10:01 a.m., a male reported vandalism at a business on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer advised that a window on the building had been shot by a pellet gun. An investigation is underway.
• At 10:37 a.m., a male reported possible drug usage at an apartment building on South Eighth Street. An officer cited one male with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.