The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 12:49 p.m., a female reported a juvenile with a knife at a recreation center on East Laughlin. Officers made contact with juvenile and the knife was taken from the juvenile. Officers advised the juvenile not to return to the recreation center.
• At 4:49 p.m., a male reported two shoplifters at a retail store on West Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer advised that two females were cited for shoplifting and one of the females was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 7:45 p.m., a male went into the police department on East Center Street to report vandalism. An officer was told that a window had been broken out of a vehicle at a car wash on East Tucumcari Boulevard. A report was filed.
• At 6:34 a.m., a male reported a broken glass door at a business on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer made contact with the owner of the business the building was checked and the door was secured.
• At 9 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer at a residence on East McGee Street. An officer gave a breath test to a male subject; after failing the test the male was arrested for violation of probation.
• At 12:41 a.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at a house on South Fifth Street. Officers made contact with the residents and were told the other party had left prior to their arrival and was gone for the night.
• At 6:37 a.m., an officer reported an open door on a vehicle at a business on South First Street. An officer advised that the vehicle was checked and the door re-secured.
• At 11:55 a.m., a male reported a subject laying in the road on South Jackson. Officers made contact with one male subject. Officers advised the male subject refused medical treatment and was picked up by a friend.
• At 8 a.m., a female reported vandalism at a clinic on South Second Street. An officer advised a window on the east side of the building had been shot out. A report was filed.
• At 11:02 a.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at her residence on East Hines. Officers made contact with the residents and advised it was a verbal between one male and one female. The parties were separated for the day.
• At 4:04 p.m., a female requested officers at the Magistrate Court on South Fourth Street for warrant service. An officer served three warrants to one female. The warrants were for failures to appear in Magistrate Court and District Court.
• At 4:53 p.m., an anonymous caller reported smelling marijuana at an apartment complex on South Seventh. Officers located the source of the smell and one female and one male were cited for possession of marijuana.
• At 7:26 p.m., a female reported a shoplifter at a retail store on West Route 66. An officer was told that a male subject had shoplifted and was still at the store. Officers made contact with the male subject. Central dispatch advised the subject was on probation. The probation officer was contacted and advised to cite the subject for shoplifting and to release him.