The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 8:18 a.m., a male reported a shoplifter at a retail store on West Tucumcari Boulevard. The officer cited one female for shoplifting.
• At 8:43 a.m., a DWI probation officer requested an officer at the DWI office on East Main Street. An officer was told that a male subject in the lobby had active warrants. The officer checked with central dispatch and the male subject was arrested for two outstanding Magistrate Court warrants.
• At 7:13 p.m., a routine traffic stop on East Route 66 lead to the arrest of two subjects. A male subject was arrested for driving while his license was suspended or revoked and a Magistrate Court warrant for failure to comply with terms of probation. One female was arrested for a Magistrate Court warrant for failure to comply with terms of probation.
• At 6:18 a.m., a male reported vandalism at a bank on South First Street. An officer advised that a window on the building had been broken out. An investigation is underway.
• At 11:06 a.m., a probation officer requested an officer to transport a prisoner from the probation office on East Main. An officer transported one male subject to the Quay County Detention Center.
• At 2:55 p.m., officers served a search warrant at a residence on East High Street. Officers advised that one female was cited for possession of marijuana.
• At 7:24 p.m., a female reported a possible drunk driver on County Road 63. A deputy made contact with the vehicle and advised that the driver was not intoxicated.
• At 12:34 p.m., several calls were reported about a reckless driver on East McGee Street. Officers were told that one female had attempted to hit four people with her vehicle and had wrecked and left the scene. Officers located the vehicle and one female was arrested for four counts of assault with intent to commit violent felony, driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident and criminal damage to property.
• At 5:46 p.m., a female reported a dispute at a gas station on South First Street. An officer made contact with the clerk and was told that a female in the store had been causing problems. The officer advised the female to leave the property and not return that night.
• At 9:01 p.m., a male reported a domestic dispute at a residence on East Aber. Officers advised that one male subject was arrested for battery against a house hold member.
• At 11:15 p.m., a male reported a dispute at his residence on South Fourth Street. An officer advised that it was only a verbal argument and a male subject had left prior to his arrival.
• At 12:46 a.m., a female reported a possible stolen vehicle on East Main Street. Officers advised that a vehicle had been wrecked and left at the scene of the accident. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and the vehicle was towed back to the owner’s residence. An investigation is underway.