The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 10:01 p.m., an alarm was reported at a residence on West Center Street. An officer checked the building and advised it was secure and all was OK.
•At 1:05 a.m., a male reported a domestic dispute at his residence on South Fourth Street. Officers were told that it was only a verbal argument and that the problem had been resolved.
• At 3:47 p.m., several callers reported a vicious dog trying to bite a juvenile on McGee Street. The animal control officer located the dog but before he could catch him a male subject let the dog out of the yard. The dog was located and taken to the kennel. The male subject was arrested for obstructing an officer.
• At 6:11 p.m., a female reported a theft at her apartment on South Seventh Street. An officer was told that a television had been removed from the apartment. An investigation is underway.
• At 6:18 p.m., a routine traffic stop at the corner of Seventh and Hines streets lead to the arrest of one male subject for driving under the influence, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and a citation for driving with no headlights.
• At 8:55 p.m., a male reported a dispute at a residence on South Jackson. An officer was told that one of the male subjects involved in the dispute had left prior to the officer’s arrival. The officer located the vehicle and arrested the male subject for careless driving and driving while intoxicated.
• At 3:54 a.m., a routine traffic stop on South Mountain Road lead to the arrest of two male subjects and one female subject. The three subjects were charged with distribution of a control substance, conspiracy, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 3:30 p.m., a female reported a possible burglary at her residence on South Sixth Street. Officers advised that a window at the residence had been broken out. The owner told the officers that nothing was missing from the residence.
• At 6:22 p.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at her residence on South Fourth Street. An officer advised that it was only a verbal argument and that the parties had separated for the night.
• 8:56 p.m., a routine traffic stop at restaurant on West Tucumcari Boulevard lead to the citing of one male subject for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 6:48 a.m., a female reported vandalism at the high school on South Seventh Street. An officer advised that the auditorium had been spray painted. An investigation is under way.