The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 4:40 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer at the probation office on East Main Street. An officer transported one female subject to the Quay County Detention Center for violation of probation.
• At 10:18 a.m., a male reported a domestic dispute at a residence on County Road AP. A deputy arrested one male subject and transported him to the Quay County Detention Center. The subject was charged with child abuse.
• At 11:53 a.m., an officer was requested at the probation office on East Main. One male subject was taken to Quay County Detention Center for violating his probation.
• At 4:55 p.m., a 911 hang-up call was reported from a fuel stop on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer checked the building and all was OK.
• At 12:07 a.m., an officer pulled over a vehicle for driving erratically down West Tucumcari Boulevard. One male subject was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
• At 2:55 p.m., several callers reported a structure fire on East Whitmore. City police and fire departments were dispatched to the fire. The fire was put out and the building had smoke and fire damage.
• At 5 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer for a house check on East Whitmore. The officer advised that after the house check one male subject was arrested for violation of probation.
• At 12:18 a.m., a female reported suspicious activity on West Tucumcari Boulevard. Officers advised that she said a car was following her down the boulevard and trying to pull her over. An officer made contact with the vehicle that was following the female and advised the driver not to follow her anymore.
• At 12:40 a.m., an alarm was reported at a retail store on West Tucumcari Boulevard. The building was checked by officers and all was OK. The manager reset the alarm.
• At 1:15 a.m., a male reported that someone had stolen his jacket at a lounge on West Route 66. The male subject called the police later and told them that the jacket had been returned.