The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 2:46 p.m., a female reported a domestic dispute on South Fourth Street. Officers made contact with the subjects and advised that it was only a verbal argument. All was OK.
• At 3:11 p.m., an officer on patrol reported vandalism on West High Street. The officer advised that the side of a vehicle had been spray painted.
• At 5:02 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer for a transport at the probation office on East Main. One subject was transported to the Quay County Detention Center for violation of probation.
• At 7:01 p.m., a routine traffic stop on East Route 66 lead to the arrest of one female for driving while intoxicated.
• At 7:40 p.m., an anonymous caller reported a possible drunk driver at a restaurant on South First Street. An officer made contact with a vehicle in the parking lot and the male driver was arrested for DWI.
• At 10:39 p.m., a female reported a domestic on Mesquite Street. A juvenile male was arrested and charged with aggravated battery after striking his parent. The juvenile was charged and then released to his parents.
•At 9:23 a.m., a female reported an assault at her residence on South Seventh Street. An officer advised that the female did not want to press charges, but wanted the incident to be on record.
• At 6:59 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on South Ninth Street. One male subject was arrested for DWI.
• At 9:53 p.m., an officer pulled over a rental vehicle on I-40 for suspicious behavior. Three illegal male subjects were transported to the Quay County Detention Center to be detained until the U.S. Border Patrol could transport them.
• At 7:40 a.m., an alarm was reported at a restaurant on South First Street. An officer checked the building and all was OK. The alarm was reset.
• At 7:48 a.m., a female reported a theft at a restaurant on South First. An officer was told that a customer was not willing to pay for his meal. The officer spoke with the subject and restitution was made.
• At 9:20 a.m., a probation officer requested an officer at the DWI office on West Main Street. One male subject was arrested for violation of probation after failing a breathalyzer test.
• At 1:37 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer at the probation office on East Main. One male subject was taken to the Quay County Detention Center for violation of probation.