The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 11:30 a.m., a probation officer requested an officer at the DWI office on East Main. The officer arrested one male subject and transported him to the Quay County Detention Center for failure to comply with probation.
• At 1:42 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer at the probation office on East Main. One male subject was transported to the Quay County Detention Center for violation of probation.
• At 4:15 p.m., an alarm was reported at the hospital on South First Street. Officers arrived on the scene and advised that it was a false alarm. Everything was OK.
• At 11:21 p.m., a routine traffic stop on East Center Street lead to one male subject being cited for possession of marijuana, less than an ounce, and driving a vehicle while his license is suspended.
• At 11:22 a.m., a female reported a burglary at her apartment on South Seventh Street. An officer advised that the female subjects’ vehicle had been broken into and the items missing were several CDs and a Social Security card. An investigation is under way.
• At 8:48 p.m., a female reported an unwanted subject at her residence on East Turner. An officer was told that a male subject was refusing to leave when she asked. The male subject had left prior to the officer’s arrival, but the officer located the subject on Dawson Street and advised him not to return.
• At 8:46 a.m., an alarm was reported at a bank on South Second Street. Officers checked the building and advised the motion detector’s sensor had been set off by the cleaning crew. All was OK.
• At 8:17 a.m., a male reported vandalism on East Laughlin Street. An officer was told that a window on a construction loader had been broken out during the night. An investigation is under way.
• At 3:26 p.m., a male reported a theft on South Third. An officer was told that the male subject’s wallet had been stolen while he was at a residence on South First. An investigation is under way.
• At 5:36 p.m., a male requested a welfare check at an apartment on West Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer was told that a male subject was unable to contact his daughter and wanted an officer to check on her. The officer made contact with a female subject and advised that she would call her father.
• At 7:15 a.m., a female reported vandalism on South Monroe. An officer advised that a window on the east side of the building had been broken out. An investigation is under way.