By Thomas Garcia: Quay County Sun
Charges of conspiracy to commit murder have been dropped against two Tucumcari teenagers, said assistant district attorney Kirk C. Chavez.
“The facts were not sufficient to continue with a criminal complaint against the 15-year-old,” said Chavez. “For one of the 17-year old juveniles facts did not support the conspiracy charges but did support the charge of resisting an officer. All the facts do support the charges against the 17-year old that made the statements and had possession of the gun and he is still being detained at this time.”
The arrests were in connection with an incident earlier this month in which a 17-year-old was found to have a hand gun and said he planned to kill a drug dealer, police said.
Three boys, one 15 and two 17, were arrested at 1:08 a.m. on Jan. 14 following a confrontation with police. They were transported later that morning to a juvenile detention center, police said.
All of the charges against the 15-year-old boy – conspiracy to commit murder and minor in possession of alcoholic beverages – were dismissed Wednesday, according to Chavez and court records.
Charges of conspiracy to commit murder, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance against one 17-year-old were also dropped Wednesday. He still faces a charge of resisting, evading or obstructing an officer, court documents show.
The second 17-year-old still faces charges of conspiracy to commit murder, aggravated assault on a peace officer, resisting, evading or obstructing an officer, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance, said Chavez.
A court date has not been set.