The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 2:20 a.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at her residence on East Turner. An officer advised that it was a verbal argument between a mother and daughter and the problem had been resolved.
• At 10:05 a.m., a male came into the Police Department on Center Street to report a theft. An officer was told that 1,400 feet of wire had been taken from the median of the road along First Street. An investigation is under way.
• At 1:23 a.m., an officer reported an open door at the high school on Seventh Street. The officer checked the building and advised that all was OK and re-secured the door.
• At 4:19 a.m., a male reported a suspicious vehicle in front of a motel on East Route 66. An officer made contact with the driver of the vehicle and advised all was OK. The driver was a guest at the motel.
• At 7:56 p.m., a female reported vandalism at her residence on South Monroe. An officer advised that the rear window of a vehicle had been shot out.
• At 8:08 p.m., a male reported vandalism at a hardware store on South Second Street. An officer advised that the rear window of a vehicle had been shot out by a pellet gun.
• At 1:45 a.m., an officer served warrants at an apartment on South Seventh Street. One male subject was arrested on outstanding district and magistrate court warrants for trafficking of controlled substance.
• At 9:21 a.m., a male reported vandalism at a fuel station on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer advised that a window of the business had been shot out.
• At 2:37 p.m., officers served warrants at a residence on South Monroe Street. Two male subjects were arrested for Magistrate Court warrants in connection with an assault that had occurred in January.
• At 3 p.m., a female reported an unwanted subject at her apartment on South Seventh Street. An officer advised that a subject was refusing to leave the apartment but had left prior to his arrival.
• At 7:02 p.m., an alarm was reported at a retail store on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer advised that the door on the west side of the building had been shot out with a ball bearing.