The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 4:38 p.m., an officer reported an open door at a restaurant on West Tucumcari Boulevard. The officer advised that the door was secured and all was OK.
• At 11:59 a.m., a female reported a disturbance at a residence on South Eighth Street. An officer advised that it was a verbal argument between two male subjects and one of the subjects had left the residence all was OK.
• At 12:26 p.m., a female reported vandalism at a residence on East High Street. An officer advised that the window of a vehicle had been broken out.
• At 3:46 p.m., a female reported a shoplifter at a retail store on West Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer advised that one male subject tried to leave the store without paying for two shirts. The male subjects was cited for shoplifting and told not to return to the store.
• At 12:04 a.m., an officer arrested a female subject at a residence on East McGee for an outstanding warrant for failure to pay fines.
• At 8:34 p.m., a female reported a disturbance at a retail store on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer advised that a male subject had become irate when the clerk could not cash a western union check. The male subject was calmed down and all was OK.
• At 10:29 p.m., a female reported a possible drunk driver on West Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer was told that a male subject driving a green truck was heading down Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer located and stopped the vehicle and the male driver was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
• At 6:56 a.m., an alarm was reported at a building on West Center Street. An officer advised that all was OK that a delivery truck driver had set off the alarm.
• At 11:14 a.m., a probation officer requested a transport at the probation office on East Main Street. An officer advised that a male subject was taken to the emergency room and when the subject was released he would be taken to the Quay County Detention Center.
• At 11:35 a.m., a female requested an officer to serve a warrant at the magistrate court on South Third Street. An officer arrested one female subject.
• At 3:30 p.m., a female came into the police department on East Center Street to report harassment. An officer was told that a male subject had been following her and her husband around town. The officer located the male subject and advised him to not contact or follow the subjects any more.
• At 6:44 a.m., a male reported vandalism on North Second Street. An officer advised that a mirror on the vehicle had been broken by a bottle.