The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 7:18 a.m., police found a bike by the canal and it was taken to the police department.
• At 11:10 p.m., a male reported that a man – who had gray hair and beard was riding a bicycle with two baskets – had accosted him. Police advised they checked the scene and that the suspicious subject was gone from the area upon their arrival.
• At 8:47 p.m., a female reported vandalism. Police advised that sometime during the night, the front of a Pepsi machine was kicked in and broken at motel on East Estrella Street.
• At 9:25 p.m., police found an open door at a building on Main Street. The door was secured and the responsible party was contacted. That person said they would come to the building, check it and notify police if anything was missing.
• At 11:28 p.m., a female reported suspicious subjects on South Rock Island Road. Police advised that two males and one female wearing gray sweatshirts were contacted and that they were walking home.
• At 12:21 a.m., a railroad dispatcher reported a suspicious person in a vehicle under the the overpass at Highway 54 and Cemetery Road. Police units advised the area was checked and no one was found.
• At 1:16 a.m., an officer on foot patrol found a door open at the middle school. The officer also saw blood. The officer called the Emergency Room at the hospital to see if anyone from the school had been treated. The report indicated that the ER had not treated anyone with such an injury. Police continued to check the area.
• At 8:29 a.m., a male called regarding a larceny. The man reported that while he was in the hospital the Internet satellite dish from his East Hines residence had been stolen.