The following is a sample of calls received during the last few days by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department. According to reports:
• At 12:29 p.m., a female reported a prowler behind her residence on South Third Street. An officer was told that someone was in the storage shed behind the house. The officer advised that all was OK. No one was in the shed.
• At 11:08 p.m., a male reported a snake in the lobby of a motel on West Route 66. An officer advised that the snake was removed.
• At 1:19 a.m., a male reported loud music at a residence on East Barnes. An officer made contact with the residents of the house and advised them to turn down the music.
• At 12:41 p.m., a female reported an unwanted subject at the middle school on South Fourth Street. An officer was told that an intoxicated male subject was on the school grounds. The officer advised the male subject had left the area prior to their arrival.
• At 6:12 p.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at a residence on South Second Street. An officer advised it was a verbal argument and one of the parties had left before police arrived.
• At 7:54 a.m., a male reported a theft on East Hines Street. An officer was told that a riding lawn mower had been taken from the yard. An investigation is under way.
• At 11:47 a.m., a female reported a disturbance at the high school on South Seventh Street. An officer advised that someone had thrown lotion onto some of the vehicles parked in the parking lot.
• At 12:47 p.m., a male reported a theft on East High Street. An officer advised that the theft had been reported on Saturday and an investigation is under way.