The following is a sample of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department, during the last few days. According to reports:
• At 3:18 p.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at a residence on Quay Road AT. The female told officer that she and a male subject had been in a fight and the male subject had left the area in a blue truck. A deputy made contact with the male subject and two guns were taken into custody. The male subject was advised he could pick them up the next day.
• At 3:36 p.m., an officer served a warrant on South Fourth Street. The officer requested a warrant check on a female subject and was told by dispatch that there was an outstanding magistrate warrant for possession of paraphernalia. The female subject was taken to the Quay County Detention Center.
• At 5:56 p.m., an anonymous caller reported two children playing in the street on South Sixth Street. An officer made contact with the children and advised they were riding scooters in front of cars. The officer advised the children to stay out of the street.
• At 8:44 p.m., an officer served a warrant at the police department on East Center Street. A male subject came into the police department to turn himself in for a warrant. The officer took the male subject to the Quay County Detention Center.
• At 9:33 a.m., a male subject reported vandalism at a residence on East Turner. An officer advised that two windows on a camper shell had been broken out.
• At 1:48 p.m., a female reported a fight on South Rock Island Street. An officer made contact with one male subject that refused to press charges. The officer was told that the second male subject had left the area prior to their arrival.
• At 7:24 p.m., a male subject reported an unwanted subject at a motel on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer was told that the male subject would not leave the motel and was causing a disturbance. The officer advised the male subject to leave.
• At 8:54 p.m., a male reported a fight at a residence on East Main Street. The officer advised that the dispute had been resolved it was a fight between two male subjects and one had left the area prior to their arrival.
• At 9:18 p.m., a female reported a possible prowler at her residence on West Turner Street. An officer was told that the female subject dogs were barking and that she could see someone in the yard. The officer patrolled the area and advised that all was OK.
• At 10:25 p.m., a male subject reported possible shots fired on East Main Street. An officer was told that the sound of gun shots was heard and three male subject were running down the street. Officers patrolled the area and advised that all was OK.