The following is a sample of calls received during the last few days by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department. According to reports:
• At 12:31 p.m., an officer served a warrant at an apartment on South Seventh Street. One female was arrested for a District warrant for conspiracy and receiving stolen property.
• At 6:26 p.m., a female reported a suspicious vehicle in front of a motel on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer was told that a van had been parked across the street for a long time. The officer made contact with the driver of the vehicle and advised that all was OK that the van had overheated and the driver was letting it cool off.
• At 7:42 p.m., an alarm was reported at a bank on South Second Street. An officer advised that the building was secure and the alarm was reset.
• At 10:46 p.m., a male reported suspicious noises at his residence on South Fourth Street. An officer was told that it sounded like someone had opened a window on the west side of the house and was moving around inside the home. The officer checked the residence and advised that all was OK no one had entered the home.
• At 8:34 a.m., a male reported a theft at the ethanol plant on North Rock Island Street. An officer was told that 500 pounds of copper was taken from their yard. An investigation is under way.
• At 12:53 p.m., a male reported a domestic dispute on South Seventh Street. An officer was told that a male and female subject were fighting. An officer advised that all was OK that the problem had been resolved.
• At 7:12 p.m., several callers reported a fight at a park on South Fourth Street. Officers were told that a male subject had followed a female subject to the park and began to have a verbal argument. Two male subjects came to the park and threatened the male subject with a knife and a gun. Shots were fired at the male subject as he left the area. An officer advised that the male subject that was shot at refused to fill out a statement.
• At 6:25 a.m., an alarm was reported at City Hall on East Center Street. An officer advised that all was OK the janitor had set off the alarm.
• At 11:44 a.m., an officer requested a warrant check on East McGee. One male subject was arrested for a Magistrate warrant for failure to pay fines.
• At 2:38 p.m., a female reported an unwanted subject at a bank on East Tucumcari Boulevard. An officer was told that a male subject was in the parking lot yelling. The officer advised that the subject had left prior to his arrival.
• At 6:51 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on South Jackson. One female was arrested for a Magistrate warrant for failure to pay fines.
• At 1:24 p.m., an alarm was reported at the housing authority building on East Smith Street. An officer advised that all was OK that the cleaning lady had set off the alarm.