The following is a sample of calls received during the last few days by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department. According to reports:
• At 7:20 p.m., a male reported a disturbance on South Jackson Street. An officer was told that a male subject was acting irate and throwing things out of a vehicle. The officer advised that all was OK the problem had been resolved and the male had calmed down.
• At 9:36 p.m., a officer requested a warrant check on a subject walking down East Main. The officer was told by the dispatcher that the male subject had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear. The male subject was arrested and taken to the Quay County Detention Center.
• At 11:43 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on East Rankin Street. The officer advised that a male subject was asleep behind the wheel of a vehicle parked in the driveway. The officer made contact with the driver and he was intoxicated. The male subject was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
• At 10:36 a.m., a female reported a theft at a fuel station on South First Street. An officer was told that male subject took some sandwiches and had not paid for them. The officer made contact with the male subject and advised the problem was resolved the male subject paid for the sandwiches.
• At 12:44 p.m., a female reported vandalism on East Route 66. The officer advised that two back tires on a vehicle had been slashed.
• At 5:04 p.m., a female reported vandalism on South Fourth Street. The officer advised that a brick had been thrown through the back window of a vehicle.
• At 8:31 p.m., a female reported a disturbance in an alley on South Jackson. An officer was told that two male subjects were arguing. The officer made contact and advised: One was intoxicated and the other was on probation. The two were separated and the male subject’s probation officer was to be notified.