The following is a sample of calls received during the last few days by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department. According to reports:
• At 3:18 p.m., a female reported a theft at a lounge on West Route 66. An officer was told that a wallet had been taken from a purse and the credit card company had recorded three uses of the card in Tucumcari.
• At 5:03 p.m., an officer served a warrant at a residence on Meadowlark Street. One male subject was arrested and taken to the Quay County Detention Center on an outstanding Curry County warrant.
• At 5:21 p.m., an officer served a warrant at a residence on South Second Street. One female subject was arrested for an outstanding Magistrate Court warrant for assault and battery.
• At 10:41 a.m., an alarm was reported at the high school on South Seventh Street. An officer advised that all was OK. The building was secure.
• At 10 p.m., a female reported a domestic dispute at a residence on East Laughlin Street. The officer advised that it was a domestic between a husband and wife and the husband had left prior to their arrival. The female called the dispatcher when the male subject returned and officers arrested the male subject for domestic assault.
•At 10:22 p.m., a female reported vandalism on South Fifth Street. An officer was told that three juvenile subjects had spray painted a vehicle. The officer advised that the juveniles were gone prior to their arrival and only one vehicle had been spray painted.
• At 5:44 p.m., a female reported vandalism at a residence on South Monroe Street. An officer advised that four vehicles had been spray painted like the vehicle reported the previous day.
• At 7:23 a.m., a male reported vandalism on South Third Street. An officer advised that three more vehicles had been spray painted.
• At 8:43 a.m., a male reported a possible burglary at a residence on North Fifth Street. An officer advised that the screen of a window had been taken off and the window had been broken. It was not known if entry had been made into the residence. The officer made contact with the owner who will call and report if anything is missing.
• At 10:04 a.m., an officer requested a warrant check on a male subject walking on East Laughlin Street. The male subject had two outstanding warrants. The officer arrested the male subject and transported him to the Quay County Detention Center.
• At 8 a.m., a male reported a theft at a motel on South First Street. An officer was told that a bag had been stolen containing two passports and a check book.
• At 9 a.m., a female requested a welfare check on a male subject walking down South First Street. The female told officers that the male subject had been talking about suicide. The officers made contact with the male subject and placed him into protective custody at the Quay County Detention Center.