Services: At 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 3 a memorial service will be held at the Center Street Methodist Church in Tucumcari.
Ralph Clifton Richardson, 73, died Thursday, Oct. 4, 2007.
Mr. Richardson was born Oct. 6, 1923 to Ralph E. and Vivo Richardson. He attended school in Montoya and then attended school in Tucumcari, where he graduated in 1941.
Mr. Richardshon enlisted in the U.S. Army Air Corps in September 1942 and was honorably discharged in Jan. 31, 1946. He married Virginia Grumbles, his childhood sweetheart since the 7th grade, on Dec. 25, 1944. After his military service, he worked at several businesses, A-1 Auto Electric and Jones’s Station, before owning his own Conoco Station #2. He sold that business in 1955 and then worked for CW McMullen at Tucumcari Motor Company as parts manager until he retired in 1983.
He ranched part time with his father on the family ranch, and after retirement, he and his wife built a home on the ranch.
Mr. Richardson was a member of the Masonic Lodge, the Elks Club, the Lions Club, Blue Grass & Old Time Music Association, a board member of the Tucumcari Historical Research Institute and served as a deacon of the Presbyterian Church. Later, he bacame an associate member of Center Street Methodist Church.
In May 2007, The Richardsons moved to be near family for health reasons to Raymore, Mo.
Preceding Mr. Richardson in death were his parents. His only brother, Keith, died six days after Mr. Richardson passed away.
He is survived by his wife Virginia of 63 years, of Raymore, and two sons and their wives, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Gary and Mary’s children are Bridgette (Ron), Troy (Jessica), and Katie (Jose). Alan and Carol’s children are Brandy (Jon) and Kelly. Their eight grandchildren are Ivory, Ezra, Miette, Mikey, Addie, Gracie, Skeet