12-22-2007: Police Blotter

The following is a sample of calls received during the last few days by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department. According to reports:

l At 3:20 p.m., a male reported a reckless driver on South First Street. An officer was given the description of the vehicle. The officer located the vehicle and advised the driver to slow down.
l At 3:43 p.m., a female reported an unwanted subject at a residence on East Whitmore Street. The female told officers that a male subject was in her home tearing up the furniture and would not leave. The male subject was arrested for resisting and evading arrest.
l At 6:57 p.m., a female reported a shoplifter at a retail store on West Route 66. An officer was told that a male subject had stolen a bottle of liquor, hid it in his coat and was last seen walking Second Street. The officer advised that the subject had left the area.

l At 1:47 a.m., an alarm was reported at a retail store on South Lake Street. An officer advised that all was OK and that the building was secure.
l At 8:32 a.m., an officer conducted a routine traffic stop on South Fifth Street. A male subject was arrested for driving while his license was suspended and revoked.
l At 4 p.m., a female reported finding a wallet at the motor vehicle office on South Third Street. An officer took the wallet and attempted to contact the owner.
l At 7:29 p.m., a female went into the police department to report an assault. The female told an officer that her son had been in a fight on the school bus. The officer took the report and advised the female to contact the school.
l At 10:22 p.m., a dispatcher reported a 911 hang up call from a residence on South Second Street. An officer made contact with the residents and advised that there had been a verbal dispute and the problem had been resolved.

l At 11:37 a.m., a male reported a stolen firearm from a residence on East Rankin. An officer was told that the firearm had been taken from the house. The officer advised that a grandson had taken the firearm and the owner was fine with that.