Firefighters quickly extinguish fire at House

By QCS Staff

The House and Jordan fire departments were dispatched at 2:18 p.m., Wednesday to a structure fire at the New Mexico Wind Energy Center at House.

A storage container separate from the center’s main building is what caught fire, said House Fire Chief Mike Morrow. The fire was put out quickly and the only unit needed was from House, he said.

“Much of the contents of the storage container was not damaged by the fire,” Morrow said.

Morrow said the cause of the fire was accidental and there were no injuries.