The following is a sampling of calls received by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department.
• At 12:05 a.m., an officer made a traffic stop on First and Rankin and arrested a male subject for a driving under the influence. Subject’s dog was taken to the pound and subject taken to Quay County Detention Center.
• At 1 a.m., an alarm was reported at the building on the 500 block of E. Route 66.
• At 7:20 a.m., a man reported that his vehicle had been broken into. A camera, computer, GPS, and stereo were taken.
• At 5:45 a.m., several calls reporting a lot of smoke coming from 8th and Tucumcari Boulevard, possible the old Zia Finance building. Everything was okay, smoke was coming from a house chimney.
• At 2:30 a.m., a man called and advised that there were two male subjects trying to open his garage door. Subjects heading East on Max St.
• At 8:40 a.m., a woman reported a male subject wearing black gloves, driving a U-Haul truck around the block. She first saw the truck on the corner of Dawson and Hancock. Officers found no U-Hauls in area.
• At 9:20 a.m., a man reported that his son’s vehicle had been broken into and a stereo has been stolen.
• At 12:20 p.m., a man reported that his van where he stores his tools has been broken into.
• At 5:45 p.m., an alarm was reported at a building on the 1600 block of Rock Island Ave.
• At 9:25 p.m., a male subject was staggering in the roadway, he was taken to QCDC for detoxication.