The following books are available from the Tucumcari Public Library. For information, call 461-0295.
• Caught by Harlan Coben. Haley McWaid, 17, is a good girl, the pride of her suburban New Jersey family, captain of the lacrosse team. Which is why, when her mother wakes one morning to find that Haley never came home the night before, and three months quickly pass without word from the girl, she assumes the worst.
• Fang by James Peterson. Being a kid with wings — constantly on the run — has never been easy, and Max and her flock are getting tenser than ever. First, on a trip to Africa, they meet a mysterious billionaire whose intense scrutiny of the flock makes her fear the worst. Then, a cryptic message from a young girl arrives, warning them “The sky will fall.” And as if an impending apocalypse weren’t bad enough, canny bird kid Angel makes a dire prophecy about Max’s soul mate: Fang will be the first to die.
• Big Jack by J.D. Robb. In New York City in 2059, someone is pursuing missing gems from a decades-old heist … someone who’s willing to kill for them. Lieutenant Eve Dallas will attempt to track down the diamonds once and for all-and stop the danger and death that have surrounded them for years.
• Brava Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. Val takes over the New York family-run shoe business with feet-of-clay older brother, Alfred; falls for the dashing, older Gianluca in Italy; and takes a business risk in South America, where she unearths a dusty chapter of family history.
• The Silent Sea by Clive Cussler. The seventh Oregon Files adventure thriller begins on Dec. 7, 1941, when five boys encounter tragedy while looking for buried pirate treasure on a small island off the coast of Washington State.
• Shattered by Joan Johnston. After Lisa Grant loses her job at a Lexington, Ky., law firm in this romantic thriller from bestseller Robards (Pursuit), she heads to Grayson Springs, a once thriving Kentucky horse farm, owned by her mother, who’s dying from ALS. Lisa becomes a research for former crush Scott.
• The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan. Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school … again. And that’s the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy’s Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he’s angered a few of them. Zeus’ master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.