A voter registration drive is being conducted by the Quay County clerk’s office through May 4.
Anyone who will be 18 before the primary election on June 1 can register to vote.
New Mexico requires voters be registered with a major political party to be eligible to vote in the primary election. A news release from the clerk’s office reported those who have not chosen a party or have chosen a minor party will not be able to participate in the primary election unless changes are made with the clerk’s office by May 4.
Voter registration forms are available at:
• Quay County clerk’s office
• Tucumcari Housing Authority
• Tucumcari City Hall
• Tucumcari public health office
• Department of Human Services
• Tucumcari Public Library
• Logan Motor Vehicle department
• Tucumcari Motor Vehicle department
• Village offices at Logan, San Jon and House.