QCS staff report
A train propelled by a steam locomotive, a hot-air balloon, music, art and food will fuel Fired Up!, the New Mexico Statehood Centennial kickoff event in Tucumcari on Nov. 4.
“Tucumcari has the honor of being the first stop for the steam-driven train that will cross the state to launch New Mexico’s commemoration of its 100 years of statehood,” said Mark Lake, director of Tucumcari Main Street.
Main Street is coordinating the Fired Up! event. Lake also noted that the event will also introduce the renovated Tucumcari Train Depot, the first major project of Main Street’s downtown revitalization effort.
Fired Up! will focus on art forms that use heat and flame, Lake said. The event will also feature appearances by state government officials, headlining music performances, other live performers, food, and other booths and exhibits. As a preview, major sponsors and VIPs are invited to a private event, called “Ignite,” on the evening before the Fired Up! event. The Ignite gathering will feature food, beverages, music and conversation.
Tax-deductible sponsorship contributions of any amount can be made to Tucumcari Main Street, the sponsoring organization. Tucumcari Main Street is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization. All sponsors will have their name and logo featured on the event’s official T-shirts. Tucumcari Main Street asks that donations be received by Oct. 1 to guarantee sponsorship benefits.
“This event will help raise Tucumcari’s profile as ‘the little city that could,’ ” Lake said. “We want to contribute to our state’s centennial observation and show New Mexico the energy and can-do spirit in Tucumcari and Quay County.”
Fired Up! Committee members will be visiting Tucumcari and Quay County businesses over the next several weeks to solicit donations.
Individuals and businesses that wish to contribute may also e-mail the committee’s co-chairs Connie Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christyne Dominguez at email@example.com.
Potential donors may also contact Mark Lake at Tucumcari Main Street, 575-461-3701, for more details on sponsorships and other ways to contribute to the success of “Fired Up!”
More information about Fired Up! and the Centennial observation are available at nmcentennial.org and on Facebook at “Tucumcari: FIRED UP!”
Sponsorship levels include:
• Engineer: $10,000 and above, which will include large banner advertising at the event, a full-page, 8-by-10-inch inside cover advertisement in the event’s brochure, plus six tickets to “Ignite,” the VIP event to be held on the evening before the celebration.
• Conductor: From $5,000 to $10,000. This level’s rewards include a medium size banner at the event, a full-page 8-by-10-inch advertisement in the event’s brochure, plus four tickets to the “Ignite” event on Nov. 3
• Yardmaster: From 2,500 to $5,000. At this level, sponsors will receive a half-page, 4-by-5-inch advertisement in the event’s brochure, plus two tickets to the “Ignite” event.
• Brakeman: From $1,000 to $2,500. Contributors at this level will receive a 3-by-2 inch advertisement in the event’s brochure, plus two tickets to the “Ignite” event.
• Fireman: From $500 to $1,000. This level of sponsorship entitles donors to a one-line ad in the event brochure and inclusion on the official Fired-Up! T-shirt.