Two Michigan residents were arrested Friday after New Mexico State Police seized 24 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop on I-40 outside of Tucumcari, said Lt. Lance Bateman.
According to Bateman:
- At approximately 2:09 p.m. a state police officer, conducted the traffic stop one mile east of Tucumcari.
During interaction with the driver, the officer observed numerous clues to believe criminal activity was occurring.
Bateman said the driver Bashi Boyd, 43, of Michigan and passenger, Crystal Fry, 31, of Taylor, Mich., gave consent to search the vehicle.
- Boyd said he was from Michigan, but officers reported they could not verify his identity.
- The search revealed a large wrapped bundle of marijuana in the back compartment of the vehicle.
- Boyd and Fry are charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, conspiracy and child Abuse.
- Boyd and Fry are still being held Monday at the Quay County Detention Center each on $20,000 bond.
Fry's two children were released to the custody of Children Youth and Families Division.