Quay County's farmers' market is held at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and 10 a.m. on Saturdays at Wailes Park on east Tucumcari Boulevard.
Market Manager Sheryl Gamberdella said there were 13 vendors and 165 patrons in attendance on Saturday.
Here are some special events coming up, according to Gamberdella:
- July 28: Squash cook-out with various dishes
- Aug. 18: Cake walk ($1 entry fee)
- Aug. 28: Watermelon eating contest
- Sept. 15: Petting day with farm animals
- Oct. 20: End of season pot luck for vendors and patrons
Rick Haymaker will be on hand at some of the events with entertainment