Eating at the Cornerstone Deli
I spent 45 minutes around noon on Tuesday watching people eating their lunch just like me. This is what I saw:
- Rachel Hicklin, owner, was busy taking the orders and collecting the money, while Ruben Dominguez and his staff were putting together the sandwiches and salads.
- Ronnie and Diane Minica were sitting at a table with Eddy Howell enjoying their deli sandwiches. Marion Payton and her co-worker came in for their lunch break to enjoy a sandwich.
- Across the way two separate tables of tourists stopped in to eat.
- Courtney Haller walked in to pick up her to-go order for the family.
- Diane Jimenez brought three children in with her for lunch.
- Two young cowboys stood at the counter visiting with Hicklin and Dominguez while they waited on their to-go order.
- While finishing up my sandwich I looked across at the frozen custard but decided I was too full. Maybe next time.
Jerrene Bradley writes for the Quay County Sun and is always on the lookout for her neighbors. Contact her at: