I spent 30 minutes Friday afternoon at the county fair, watching life pass in front on me.
Here's what I saw:
- James and Susie Lott were sitting at one of the tables enjoying a hamburger and corn dog.
- Billy and Crystal Burns, along with three kids, were eating a giant turkey leg, ribbon fries and hamburgers with drinks.
- Cecil and Vickie Naylor and Doyle Frasier were all walking down the aisles looking at all the booths.
- Glen and Wanda Evans were seen visiting with Homer and Joan Farrow.
- Phillip and Kathleen Box were enjoying a hamburger while taking a break from their booth.
- Sherry Byrd was walking around holding her new baby boy.
- Bobby and Joan Meade were sitting at a table having a cold drink while visiting.
- Ruth Ann Litchfield walked by with her plate of ribbon fries.
- Inside the building it was nice and comfortable under the air conditioning, but outside it was a hot and muggy 92 degrees.
- In the background you could hear the bluegrass music being played.
- Lots of kids were walking around through the aisles eating big slices of watermelon. It sure looked refreshing, so I talked a little girl into bringing me a slice. Boy was it ever refreshing.
Jerrene Bradley writes for the Quay County Sun and is always on the lookout for her neighbors. Contact her at: