The following items were before the Tucumcari Commission on Thursday:
Commissioners in attendance, Dora Salinas-McTigue, Robert Lumpkin and Amiel Curnutt.
The commission announced the four finalists for the District 3 city commission position that has been vacant since the December death of Daniel Lopez .
Those finalists will be reviewed by commissioners, who will appoint one to that position.
The finalists are:
- Edward Perea
- Nitin Bhakta
- George Aragon
- Ernest Dominguez Jr.
Also the commission:
- Approved the submission of a Public Water System letter of bidding commitment for three water wells near the Five Mile Park at a cost of $902,573 to the New Mexico Finance Authority.
- Approved a professional services agreement for the Whitmore Avenue improvement project with Forsgreen Associates Inc. engineering firm of Albuquerque for $196,048.
- Approved leasing the Broom factory to Kodiak Fresh Produce to start a produce packing substation in Tucumcari, lease amount to be at market value and yet to be agreed upon by both parties.
- Appointed Alpesh Patel as member of Lodger's Tax Board.
- Reappointed Leon Logan to library board.
- Reviewed a preliminary budget revenue.
— Compiled by QCS senior writer Thomas Garcia