Five Middle School and two high school students attended the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America National Leadership Conference on July 7-11 in Nashville Tenn.
These students worked hard all year to year on their projects as they moved from district to state and eventually nationals.
Today there are about 6,500 active FCCLA Chapters in the United States with around 200,000 members over 3,000 of which competed in the nationals in one of 28 events.
Placing in the events were:
• Silver — Ashle Brown, career investigations
• Silver — Roxanne Awais, food innovations
• Bronze — Kassie Lamm, career investigations
• Silver — Kami Lamm. recycle and redesign
• Gold — Angelina Arellano, Christopher Arellano and Sydney Goldston, food innovations
— Submitted by Jodie Lamm