The Tucumcari City Commission held their regular meeting on July 23 at City Hall in Tucumcari.
In attendance were Mayor Robert Lumpkin, Mayor Pro-tem Ruth Ann Litchfield, commissioners, John Mihm, Amy Gutierrez and Rick Haymaker.
Items before the commission:
• Approved Ordinance 1123 Amending Chapter 13 of the Tucumcari Municipal Code. The amendment adds Chapter 13.08 that outlines industrial waste requirements and restrictions.
• Approved new fees for the Tucumcari Convention Center and Del Norte Center. Contact Convention Center Director, Nicole Manley at 575-461-3064 for information about the new prices.
• Approved the application for the Re-Leaf Planting grant
• Approved the bid for the Whitmore Avenue improvements to Pacheco Construction and Trucking Inc. with a bid of $217,547 with a $72,516 in kind match
• Approved the increase of $5,967 to the engineering and construction services with Forsgren Associates Inc. of Albuquerque for water well rehabilitation and drilling. The new total for the services is $59,967
• Approved the rental of space at the Tucumcari Municipal Airport to the Federal Aviation Administration for $1,518 per year at $126.50 a month
• Approved the application submission for $1,213 in a Community DWI grant for prevention, saturation patrols and overtime for Tucumcari Police Department
• Approved the Mutual Release and Hold Harmless agreement between the Sands Dorsey owner Robert Hengstenberg and the City of Tucumcari to take possession of the Sands Dorsey Building.
• Approved the combination of the part-time animal control officer and waste water treatment computer tech into one full time position and the creation of a full time assistant code enforcement officer